Undersized Urbanite Update: Week 11

I’ve surprisingly been productive this week! So I’m going to get right to the point. 🙂

I’ve been following a list to keep me on track. My objective being to finish the interior and exterior to the point where I can begin working on furniture and etc,. So, I started by finishing the siding and giving it another coat of paint.

20130224-151004.jpg

That white stuff you see smothered all over the vase is the beginnings of landscaping. I used a glue and water mixture and smothered it all over toilet paper (Art Attack definitely influenced me…he always used “a PVA glue and water mixture” with some sort of toilet paper or paper towel. Lol plus I liked how easy it was for my topiaries). This left a nice bumpy and irregular surface, which I then painted green.

20130224-151349.jpg

A more “full”view;

20130224-151423.jpg

I taped off some ground space for a future path and driveway;

20130224-151528.jpg

I painted both the spaces to eliminate “wood distraction” lol.

20130224-182042.jpg

I’m not 100% sure how I’ll build the path and driveway…I’m considering stone. But I’m waiting for the right idea to hit me. I also painted the porch white;

20130224-182138.jpg

But also haven’t finished because I’m not sure if I want wood railings or a stone wall. I think the latter would block too much view of the house….I’m going to need to do some more Pinterest and google searching for inspirations! 🙂

I still need to add some corner trim to the siding for it to be truly finished, but its pretty close! The landscaping is on my list to finish before the furniture, but then I reconsidered and thought it may be best to leave until last so me moving the house around won’t ruin that. I also wanted to finish the porch, it needs stairs and railings…but I’m lacking inspiration. And then there is the roof. Which is on my list, but I obviously need to do the furniture placement before I can do that…….beh. Since my head was spinning and it really seemed as though the only next logical step was furniture….So, I brought out a kit. 🙂

20130224-152325.jpg

Since out of all the rooms the dining room is most finished to my liking, I decided that I would start with the table and chairs first. So tiny!

20130224-182235.jpg

I “stained” them with water washed acrylic paint. When they were dry, I glued them together. Straightforward really. Not as difficult as I thought a quarter scale kit might be to assemble. The instructions called for tweezers, but I found it easier to use my fingers and then manipulate them afterwards. This was especially easy because I always use Alene’s Tacky Glue, which is great to use when you need to fiddle things into place because it gets tackier as it dries, lol, if that makes sense. 🙂

Anyways, some pictures of the finished products;

20130224-182549.jpg

20130224-182603.jpg

Love! I wanted to put more together put it was well past midnight when I finished these, and I’ve been trying to be a good girl when it comes to staying up late 😉

I’m planning on working slowly this week, as I have let too many things pile up in my “to list on eBay” pile. So I want to focus my nights to listing those things, and of course, finding inspiration for my porch and other things.

Anyways, I’ll be seeing you soon! 🙂

Rebecca

Advertisements

2 comments

  1. Look at you go! Nice progress. I still don’t know how you work in such a small scale. My big clumsy hands would be breaking things left and right.

  2. Amazing progress. I love that you are landscaping too. Great work, I’m having so much fun watching you!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: